Patent SearchesA patent search is often one of the first steps in any patent matter.
Patent searches generally take one of five forms:
- Patentability Search - a search to determine if a given invention is patentable (normally performed prior to filing a patent application
- Freedom to Operate Search - determines if a company free to operate a particular invention without infringing on an existing or applied-for patent
- Non-Infringement Opinion - a formal opinion from a law firm with respect to non-infringement of a specific identified patent. Such an opinion can be useful in later litigation to show lack of willful infringement.
- Validity/Invalidity Search - determines if a given patent is either valid or invalid (often performed in the context of litigation)
- Start of the Art Search - determines the current patent and technical landscape for a given technology
We strive to provide all our searches in the most cost-effective way possible. Please click here to see our rates.
Patent Filing and Prosecution
Christopher Hall & Associates provides patent filing and prosecution services.
When it is time to get a patent to enable the launch of a new business or line of business, we can help.
We are a full service intellectual property firm, but are also committed to provide excellent value in our pricing.
We offer flat-rate pricing for our patent filings and provide further discounts of 30% on all our services to startups or small businesses with less than $1 million in sales or venture funding.
We also differ from most firms in how we work: email, call, or text us anytime. There is never a charge for calls, emails, or texts with us.
International Patent Filings
Will your business take you into international markets?
Patents filed in the United States Patent and Trademark Office can be directed towards the United States market, or more broadly towards international markets under the Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT).
Patent LitigationChristopher Hall & Associates provides full patent litigation services.
Whether you are seeking to enforce a patent on your own or need to protect your firm from a patent infringement claim from another company or patent troll, we can help.
Attorneys handling patent litigation must deeply understanding the technology being contested (our strength), but also make that technology understandable to judges and juries.
Please feel free to email or call to have us take a look at your matter. We'll be happy to share what we see. There is never a charge for an initial consultation.